This is a great time of year when many of us attend and have parties, dinners or social gatherings. We see many people and loved ones that we have not seen all year that we don't have time to visit with throughout the year. It is very easy to get caught up in all the festivities and forget that you are planning a wedding next year! Many couples without realizing it put their wedding plans on the back burner while enjoying all the fun festivities! Yes, do have fun, but here are some things to do during this time, that many couples wish they did but forgot all about!
- Tis the season to shop!During this time all the stores are over run with pretty and festive décor items. Keep your eye out on all of those after Holiday and pre Holiday sales. While your looking for that perfect gift, pick up some of the décor items you need in your wedding colors at great savings! That $50 (your color) ribbon may be 50% - 75% off retail price. Also many of the stores have décor coupons in their sales ads!
- Send out Christmas Cards!So you and your fiancée took some beautiful engagement pictures and it is a shame to keep them to yourself, so why not send out Save-the Date Christmas Cards. Make sure it is OK with your chosen photographer and use one of the quick and easy ways such as Shutterfly, Walgreen's Photos and many others to upload, design, print, and even mail them out! I have done this for family photo's and it takes minutes!
- Nothing!If you have not chosen bridesmaid dresses, gather up the girls for a fun day of shopping! During this time of the year, you will find fabulous styles on sale and if you only have 2-4 Bridesmaids. This could be perfect!
- You are going to schedule a test run of you hair styles and make-up trends anyway, so why get all dolled up just to go home! Schedule your hair and make-up trial on the day of a party, then go out and take it for a spin!
- Collect an update your address and email list. This is the season we see people we have not seen all year! While your out painting the town red, or attending a family gathering collect the names, addresses and email address of those you would like to invite to your wedding. Put it in a file on your phone and send it to your computer. When it's time to send out invites, you already have everyone's address and you already have them typed out! Plus you can send RSVP reminders by email for those who don't RSVP on time!
We at 1 Elegant Event, Wedding & Event Planning want to wish you
a Happy Holiday Season and make sure you take the time out to
spend some time with all the people you hold dear!
Check back for more tips to help you during the Holiday Season.